Sunday, 27 May 2012

A word to my readers


I hope that this blog is helping you to share some of the excitement and enjoyment of my American adventure. My journey is only partly about cycling through beautiful countryside and meeting wonderful people. It also has a serious purpose, raising funds for Operation Smile, the medical charity that treats children in developing countries suffering from cleft lip or cleft palate. I am very grateful to those of you who have already contributed generously to this cause. I would urge others of you to please consider doing the same. If you have been thinking that at some point you would make a donation, then there is no time like the present! Australians may want to support me through a charitable donation before the tax year ends in June. Americans and others may want to mark the start of the holiday season with a gift to a good cause. Secure links to make an online donation are available by clicking on the tab 'My fundraising' at the top of the window. Please help me to make a difference in the lives of children who have the misfortune to be born with this distressing condition.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoying your journal. Keep up the riding and writing. I conclude my NY to FL journey tomorrow. Will make a donation to Operation Smile upon my return home. Blessings! bob

    ReplyDelete